Visiting the Sun’s Sister
- Kati Burns – vocals, flutes, dotara
- Vajk Kobza – oud, kobsa, ektara
- Gábor Clemente – percussions
- Iván Barvich – ney, kaval
- Bettina Bakos – vocals
Kati Burns has travelled extensively in the East performing as a Hungarian folk musician, creating fusions with local artists of Pakistan and India. She has played music with sufis and bauls, and studied archaic forms of both North and South Asian folk singing.
„Because it suddenly whirls you around and pulls you under like a devious Tisza undertow: it’s pointless to sneak around it or fight it.”
– Riff, on Visiting the Sun’s Sister
The album (Hungarian title: Napnak a húgánál) was published by Fonó Records and the project was funded by the National Cultural Fund of Hungary in 2022.